5 things to ponder about your wedding day
Hi All! #WeddingTipsTuesdays is your newsletter of 5 tips, hacks, tricks and helpful tidbits to help your wedding planning. If there’s anything you would like for us to tackle, please let me know. Enjoy this week’s hacks and thoughts!
- We’re pondering outdoor weddings in October
We’re coming off a weekend of outdoor events and it got me thinking about things to consider if you are going to have an outdoor wedding. Here’s a great article with things to consider.
- We’re wondering why you want to kill your party
Most couples want a packed dance floor and for their evening to last as long as possible. So why are we still doing things like bouquet tosses, garter tosses, money dances, anniversary dances, etc? These are all BARRIERS to your guests being on the dance floor together having a great time. I think we get caught up in long-standing traditions and don’t understand the impact this can have on your event. Just something to think about as you plan your reception.
- Wedding traditions that should disappear
Can we talk head tables for a minute? Why are we still doing 10,15,20 person head tables? Do you enjoy having people watch you eat? Let me give you the reasons you should consider other options like a sweetheart table or royal table instead. If your event entertainment is important, you want your audio and lighting as close to the dance floor as possible. It’s a functional thing for your DJ or Band. When you have a large head table on the dance floor, you take up prime reception real estate for your dance party, that is only used while you eat. The rest of the evening you are dancing or away and the table is empty.
- We’re loving all the recent destination weddings we’ve done
Are you having a destination wedding? Here’s nine things people wish they had known about their destination wedding.
- We’re contemplating NO MUSIC at weddings
No we’re not! We’re a DJ company 🙂 But, we love the idea of SILENT DISCO at events. Never heard of it? Check out the video below and see how much fun it can add to your reception. Here’s a few reasons to incorporate Silent Disco at your wedding.
- You have a noise ordinance and want to extend your party longer.
- You want to give your guests a unique experience they’ve probably never seen before.
- You can have multiple channels and switch between them, giving your guests options of music to listen to.
- It will make your wedding the coolest one your guests have ever been to!
Please give me feedback on social @cutmasterchris. Which bullet above is your favorite? What do you want more or less of? Other suggestions? Let me know! Just send a tweet to @cutmasterchris and put #weddingtiptuesday at the end so I can find it. Have a wonderful week, all! Chris