5 things to ponder about your wedding day
Hi All! #WeddingTipsTuesdays is your newsletter of 5 tips, hacks, tricks and helpful tidbits to help your wedding planning. If there’s anything you would like for us to tackle, please let me know. Enjoy this week’s hacks and thoughts!
- An article I’m reading
Getting drunk on your wedding day. We’re all about having fun on the best day of your life. But, don’t be the Groom that’s mentioned in the article. Remember… you don’t get this day back. You want to remember all the amazing moments of this day and enjoy it with your family and friends. You don’t want the day to be remembered as the one you puked all over the dance floor, or got into an altercation, or did something crazy because you were overly inebriated. Just because the DJ plays LMFAO’s “Shots”, doesn’t mean you have to go above and beyond to display how you were the man during your fraternity days.
- Local New Mexico Wedding Tip
If doing La Marcha, have leaders that know how to actually lead it. This might seem like something elementary and simple, but I can’t count how many times I’ve seen La Marcha lead by couples that have no idea what to do and it turns into a complete disaster on your dance floor. We also are seeing more couples that are trying to get away from La Marcha because they think of it as a long, drawn out barrier to opening up the dance party. Here’s all your leaders need to do:
- Lead the guys on one side and gals on the other and split two directions.
- Come together and form the tunnel.
- ***THIS IS KEY*** Once everyone has formed the tunnel, the leaders must grab the bride and groom and lead them back through the tunnel. Everyone will then hold hands through the tunnel.
- The leaders then start to circle around the dance floor and once there’s a nice circle and everyone is done and out of the tunnel, the bride and groom dance for a minute in the circle.
- DONE. With a wedding of 150-200 people this should only take about 10-15 minutes tops.
- Here’s an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o84eNN10ZI0
- Trend We’re Seeing
Moving Weddings. More and more weddings are incorporating multiple spaces. Pre-Wedding Ceremony is in one space, the Ceremony is in another, dinner is on another floor level and the dancing is in a ballroom somewhere else. If your wedding is following this trend, just be ready to account for the added expense and time of extra gear, added labor, etc and budget accordingly.
- #WeddingFails we’re watching
Who doesn’t love Jimmy Fallon? Check out his latest version of #WeddingFails for some laughs and inspirational what-not-to-do’s. The last one is hilarious!
- Twitter hashtag we’re following: #promvswedding
Here’s the newest wedding hashtag gone viral: #PromvsWedding. There are thousands of current posts with couples that were lucky enough to go from high school sweetheart to walking down the aisle. And now there’s a hashtag dedicated to them and another rabbit hole you can go down on twitter.
Please give me feedback on social @cutmasterchris. Which bullet above is your favorite? What do you want more or less of? Other suggestions? Let me know! Just send a tweet to @cutmasterchris and put #weddingtiptuesday at the end so I can find it. Have a wonderful week, all! Chris